- I will require anyone with whom I share the tool to comply with the terms and conditions of this use agreement.
- I will accurately provide any information requested regarding persons who will use the tool and the analyses that are planned using it.
- I will not sell the tool.
If I publish abstracts using the mild and moderate AD clinical trial simulation tool from Critical Path Institute, I agree to the following:
- I will cite C-Path’s Coalition Against Major Diseases (CAMD) consortium as the source of the tool.
- Group authorship of C-Path will not be required to be cited in the authorship line of the abstract.
- On the author line of the manuscript, after the named authors, I will include the phrase “C-Path’s Coalition Against Major Diseases*” with the asterisk referring to the following statement:
- I will report any use or disclosure of the tool not provided for by this Agreement of which I become aware as soon as possible but no later than within 5 days of becoming aware of such use or disclosure.
- The AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool is provided “AS IS.” Neither C-Path nor any consortium member makes any representation or warranty, express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool.
- I understand that neither C-Path, nor any consortium member, nor any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents or affiliates, shall have any liability to me (or to anyone using the data on my behalf or at my direction) as a result of the use of the AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool or any of the data contained therein (whether as a result of direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, consequential or other damages) however caused and on any theory of liability. This limitation will apply even if a consortium member has been advised of the possibility of such damage.
- By accessing the AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless C-Path, each consortium member and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and affiliates (each an “indemnified party” and collectively, the “indemnified parties”), from and against any and all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (and all legal costs including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court costs, expenses and settlements resulting from any action or claim) incurred by, or asserted against any indemnified party arising from or relating to any claim or action brought by a third party that arises from or results from my use of the AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool and/or my possession and use of any tool I obtained from C-Path, whether by download or otherwise. If any such claim or proceeding arises, I am entitled to prompt notice of the claim from the indemnified party. I then shall have the right, at my own expense, to employ counsel to defend against the claim, and to compromise, settle or otherwise dispose of the claim, all at my own expense, provided that no compromise or settlement of any claim admitting liability of or imposing duties or performance upon any indemnified party may be effected without the prior written consent of such indemnified party. I understand that if I do not initiate efforts to defend against or resist the claim within thirty (30) days after receiving notice from any indemnified party, the indemnified party shall be free to investigate, defend, compromise, settle or otherwise dispose of the claim and incur other costs in connection therewith, for the account and at my own expense in such manner as the indemnified party deems in its best interest.
I understand that failure to abide by these guidelines will result in termination of my access to the AD Clinical Trial Simulation Tool as well as any other remedies that may be available to C-Path or consortium members pursuant to these Terms and Conditions or applicable law.