|Job Title:||SharePoint Administrator|
|Department:||Data Standards, Management and Technology|
|Reports To:||IT Manager|
|FLSA Status:||Full-Time; Exempt|
Job Purpose Summary:
The Systems and SharePoint Administrator is responsible for providing administration, operational support, and maintenance of the internal and external SharePoint implementations used by Critical Path institute.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Farms are operating optimally and are properly configured
- Perform ongoing maintenance of all farms including security patching and updates
- Support end users on complex technical issues including problems related to SharePoint applications, client computers and servers.
- Install and verify SharePoint software package installations.
- Design, build, test, and implement SharePoint based solutions including workflows, search, team sites, and other collaboration solutions.
- Maintain the SharePoint lifecycle and perform upgrades as needed
- Support IIS and SQL databases including monitoring and maintenance.
- Document SharePoint environment and application configuration.
- Take lead on planning and implementation of SharePoint 2013 Enterprise platform.
- Provide upper level technical support for various SharePoint applications.
- Comply with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
- Support the IT needs of the organization’s employees and internal groups.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
Education and Training:
- BS in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field with three to five years’ information technology administration and support experience; or computer science background with five years of recent and relevant work experience.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices by engaging in ongoing education and research.
- IT Certifications are helpful but not required, depending on experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of: SharePoint Services, SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013. (An understanding of all versions is very important.) IIS, InfoPath, SharePoint Portal, SharePoint Designer, Workflows, SharePoint API, ASP.NET, HTML 4/5, XML, claims based authentication, SharePoint zones, Windows 7,8, Server 2003, 2008 R2, Microsoft Office 2010, 2013.
- Application of advanced knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, InfoPath, Access, Outlook.
- Ability to work cooperatively within a small team setting.
- Possess background in providing advanced technical support for Windows workstations, servers, and enterprise applications.
- Working knowledge of Citrix Xenserver, a plus.
- Prior experience troubleshooting application-related problems.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET and Microsoft SQL Server, a plus but not required.
- SharePoint administration experience required, and strong knowledge of SharePoint Architecture and SharePoint Designer a plus.
- Easily recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Provides technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for the organization from definition phase through implementation.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully anticipate issues or challenges without being specifically directed.
- Strong ability to meet target deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally and courteously with people at all levels by phone, email, and in person.
- Exercises sound business judgment when making decisions and adheres to external and internal policies and regulations.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking related to IT system development, implementation, and problem resolution.
- Work is generally of a critical or confidential nature.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and occasionally stand and walk about the facility.
- Regularly uses hands to operate computer equipment and other office equipment.
- Close vision required for computer usage.
- Required to stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Requires afterhours and weekend work.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please submit a resume/CV and cover letter highlighting how your qualifications match the needs of the position. Indicate the position title for which you are applying in the subject line of your correspondence. Applications should be submitted to [email protected].
Critical Path Institute is an equal opportunity employer.